Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Wall

So I finally got internet...I'm back!! :)

Earlier this week I checked my email and realized that I had a 5k on Saturday...and I hadn't trained AT ALL!! But since I had signed up I went.

I got there that morning totally expecting to walk the 3.1 miles but I thought I would see how far I could run first. As I started running I could definitely feel that it had been awhile but overall it wasn't too bad.

But then at the last mile I felt it...I felt the wall. I felt like I wanted to stop...I couldn't go any further. But then I remembered what my trainer in Logan had said, "Everyone hits a wall. What matters is what you do when you hit it."

I have felt this way about many things in my life lately. I can't study anymore...I've hit a wall. I can't handle the stress anymore...I've hit a wall. I can't get my life together...I've hit a wall. This same thought comes to mind, "Everyone hits a wall. What matters is what you do when you hit it."

So as I was running...I pushed through it. I completely depended on something inside of me that I didn't know existed. I knew that as long as I moved my legs I would keep going. It was the most painful mile I have ever ran...but I ran it.

So here I go digging deep inside of me to push through this wall because all that matters is what happens next.

2 comments:

  1. well said, brynn. you inspire me. you forgot to include that you beat your previous record and finished a minute quicker than last time which is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to push through the wall. I have never thought about it that way. Hope things are looking up Brynn!

    ReplyDelete