Sunday, May 2, 2010

Change of Pace...

So I know that this blog is usually comic relief but I have had some serious things on my mind today and I have no other outlet. If you need something funny then I'm sorry to disappoint and you should probably stop reading now. But you are always welcome to read. :)

I am extremely grateful today for my Savior, Jesus Christ, and my Heavenly Father. I often stress and worry about where I am at in life, what I think I am missing, and where I am headed. For the most part I really try to do what is right but I really need to openly thank my best friend and brother, Christ, and my Father for the mercy that I have been shown.

Through this mercy they have not allowed me to get the better part of myself. If it was up to me, my life would be very different. I would have a loving mother to vent all these things too. A strong father to be my example. An eternal companion to protect and care for me. And beautiful children to teach me about life. If any of you know me this is no where near my life.

If it was up to me I would have taken the highway of life...you know, the straight easy path to heaven. I would just hop in the car, set the cruise control, and not think about it. To save me from myself the Lord has sent me on a hike. It hasn't been easy and the hardest parts are probably in front of me but it has been BEAUTIFUL. I have come to appreciate the rock on the side of the trail that is just perfect for me to take a seat. I adore the sunlight that encourages me on. And in the end...I will be in so much better "shape" then had I taken the highway.

Everyday I am learning more and more. And every day I have to fight to climb that mountain. Some days I just want to sit on the side of the mountain and slide to the bottom...give up...but then at just the right moment the trail eases, it dips down a little. These little moments of peace are when the trail is pushing me on.

Again, I am grateful for the trail that I am climbing...and if you are my friend I am thankful for those times that you have allowed me to lean on you when my endurance wavered. MOST of all I am grateful for the One that has picked this trail for me.

Thanks for reading...and thanks for caring. I love you all. :)

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post. It is such a beautiful thing when we realize our trials are not here just to weigh us down, but to help us out. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brynn, that was amazing. I have always looked up to you and today is no exception. Your example of strength, gratitude and faith is such a blessing to me. I'm so glad you're joying in the journey and truly appreciate this post and your friendship.

    ReplyDelete